Today I come to you with a brand new recipe that our chicks absolutely loved : Carrot mash !
I have in my kitchen, a new lot of little gourmet chicks that are not that easy to please !
- Hop, young silver partridge brahma
- Kol and Hazza two buff columbian brahmas
- Duty and Dick two black niederrheiner
- Dry and stale crushed breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 small handful of sliced ham
- half boiled potato
- cooked wheat semolina to adjust the final aspect
- ground carrots, in the blender with a bit of water or chopped in very small pieces with a knife
=> Click on the pictures to enlarge them if needed 🙂
– Mash the potatoes using a a forehand mix with the breadcrumbs.
– Mix the carrot with the rest of the mash, using a bit of the water used to blend them
– Add the egg using the amount needed to obtain a good texture
– Chop the ham slices to small pieces depending on the size of your chicks before mixing them up with the rest of the mash
– Use the semolina to get the right texture, one that your chicks like !
The mash is ready, dinner is served !! Tonight it’s homemade carrot mash !!
Tips : Prepare more than needed for one meal, store in fridge. That way they can enjoy it more than once !
Picture of our gourmet fluff balls enjoying their homemade dinner :
What about you ??
Share your best recipes with us in the comment section below, what do your little ones love to eat ?